Monday, April 4, 2011

Life theme song of the moment: On The Road Again

Or travelin man by Bob Seger... in the past month it seems I have been on the road...go, go, go

"I see their faces, I feel a trace left on my soul, Those are the memories make me a wealthy soul"

This describes my current status in my life perfectly right now. I took the semester to come home and relax to heal and get better. For me, sitting around and sleeping for a few months was all I could handle. It was much needed, and guess what? It was enough to bring me to life again. I feel more alive than I have in a very long time. Sure, I am tireddd because I am jet lagged, a weekend of fun and friends and little sleep. But my soul feels more awake, my body is just a bit burnt out. So I'll take it easy this week and catch up on my painting and yoga. I think I came home so I could travel. I have been able to see so many friends I have not seen in a long time, meet their amazing friends and see some great places. I've been inspired by every place I've been and it will only continue.

This weekend was so amazing, two days after returning from Italy I got to go see my souls sista and her art show. My heart was filled with joy the whole time. I love being able to see her because no matter how much time has passed, we pick up where we left off. Her art has come so far since we first met and I am SOOO proud of her and I cannot stop saying that. She really is an inspiration to me whether she knows it or not. I look up to her and she is so positive and encouraging. We will be in each others lives forever. I went with her to her Art Therapy internship and that was all I needed to confirm what I want to do with my life. While I was there I couldnt help but think, I can't wait to do this for the rest of my life. Watching Kelsey work with this old hilarious group of people, gave me confidence that I can do it too. I think we could make a great partnership in the future and open our own art therapy studio. KELSEY WERE DOING IT!


I have been here and there, and it feels so great. As much as I love to be in my own bed once again.. I can't wait to get on the road again and have no idea what experiences will come of it. There is no telling who I will meet, what I will see and what I will experience. And that is what I've become addicted to. To me traveling is, in the moment, spontaneous, impulsive all of the above.
My mom doesn't get it, and is concerned I'm going to go backwards in my health. But personally I think that the soul aspect of my healing process is what needed the most work. Sickness brings forth such a dark cloud that so easily rips through your body and manifests in your soul. It needed a good cleaning and to be unnerved. I've gotten that and I think in order for the rest of my body to fully heal, the soul needed to wake up and say "okay lets do this". Together the mind, body and soul can defeat it all. Getting control of the mind was necessary for the body to start to heal itself, so i had to work on the layers of it all. Being away from family and my support system was hard as hell, and really affected the mind. But, now the soul is awake and it is booming with joy and excitement and I can't stop now. Maybe I am being a little bit too impulsive, but something tells me I'll know when too much is too much.
Can't wait to get on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment