Sunday, March 6, 2011

Co-op de do op

reunited.
reconnect.



I went to visit one of my friends who I was once a camper with at the age of 16 and we have remained close from then on. The last time I saw Ruth was on the gorgeous island of Maui, where we paddled around in the baby waves of MSG's homebreak, guardrails. Ruth is going to Lawrence University in Appleton Wisconsin. And let me just say, I fell in love with this little town from the second I drove in. But then, when I walked into the Co-op where Ruth lives... forget it. The people that I met at this school were some of the most genuine, brilliant and unique people I have yet to come across. There was not one person who was unfriendly to me, and on top of that everyone is hilarious.In some ways, the environment I landed in reminded me of what the factory of Andy Warhol might have been like. Everyone is unique and different, and it's expected and embraced. There are no boundaries just open arms and good times. I was Ruth's date to their formal party which happened to be business themed. Wellll I wasn't really dressed right for it... but I was the new girl so it's okay.
We danced the night away, sang karaoke, had some tequila, and bonded over whatever came to mind. It was such a breath of fresh air I love meeting new people, and meeting such a great group of people just makes me want to travel and meet everyone and anyone. I met someone who is from Hawaii, and I worked at the same gym as his sister, met someone who shares a love for Rothbury and I will be seeing her at Summercamp in May. I met a girl whose sister goes to Naropa, the grad school of my dreams. I felt like I was supposed to meet these people, and I also secretly want to go to school there haha. The passion everyone shares for the arts no matter which area they study, the energy that each person holds, is simply beautiful. That is what I want to surround myself with... passion, creativity, love of life,and high energy! I want to live in a co-op!









No comments:

Post a Comment