Friday, February 11, 2011

projects in training

I am... starting yoga again.. it hurts haha and i shake in it because i am so weak.. but it feels sooo amazing and gives you more energy. i love it. and to be moving and stretching muscles i havn't stretched in so long feels better than i could have imagined. i cant wait to go again. I'm also doing physical therapy and im loving it. Getting some movement without overdoing it is changing so much. I feel so great! This is proving my decision to be the right one.. I get to sleep 12 hours a night which is need. Literally.
During this week I was waking up early... like 830.. and i was so tired the rest of the day and was useless. Today woke up at 12... went to bed at 12 too.. and I am like the energizer bunny! I'm ready to start my GIANT paintings. And finish my little sketch for my "art class". Real quick I need to tell you about this class... I thought it would help me keep u my skills.. which is does.. but....it has all 60+ year olds in it. I'm the only young one and we're drawing birds.. from pictures. haha it is adorable and so entertaining. But it is very relaxing to just sit and draw and converse with elders. I secretly love their praise about my drawing skills too haha. So it may not be a class where the subjects to draw/paint are of my liking... but hey any art class is okay with me right now. Plus I don't ever do detail works so its keeping me practicing my patience with that.

Okay so, my parents have "commissioned" me to paint two 6ft paintings for the living room to go side by side. No pressure. So really theyre not paying me... but they are buying the supplies to paint these bad boys. We were going to make an 8 by 8 painting... making the stretcher bars and everything, but the local art store doesn't have canvas that large.. so now my mom just wants me to paint two instead. I'm a little apprehensive but at the same time excited. She has not stopped talking about the artist Akira Iha that we saw in Paia. It was beautiful and I remember standing there just staring. It was so simple and meditative yet had so much to look at. So I will attempt to do some form of meditative paintings with the color schemes she has picked out. I still havn't unwrapped the canvases yet...

When I start them... I'll start taking pictures of them step by step, so i can learn from how i work and see where it went from when it began.

No comments:

Post a Comment