Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Silver Lining in the Sky

Had my doctors appointment in Winona today, and it went wonderfully! I knew it would though, I really have been feeling so much better. Like I really feel like a new me, not completely like my old self... but I didn't ever realize how good i COULD feel. I know it will only keep getting better, because my doctor would like me to stay home for the summer. I was a little bummed to hear that, but she thinks if I don't get a full 6 months of rest in, I wont ever fully recover or fully be in remission. So understandably I am okay with it, but I miss Hawaii and the ocean so much. My heart aches for it some days. When it's sunny here and blue skies, I don't miss it as much. But I long for the smell of the warm tropical air. Some great aspects of staying home though are that I will be able to enjoy some live music which I miss when I am in Hawaii. So soak it up, times with friends and family while I can. Once I am done with this hardcore treatment, I am off to the motherland again to finish my last year of undergraduate school! So I guess I can't really complain, and can only be grateful in this situation, I get to live in Hawaii for an extra year rather than a few months before starting grad school. Also I get to get 100% better before starting my journey towards Art Therapy and wherever that may take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment