Friday, November 26, 2010

gobble, gobble goes the turkey

so a little late, but thanksgiving day was quite hectic. it was wonderful as well. i completely splurged. iate all the things i am not supposed to :) i ate turkey, cranberry sauce and made an amazing sweet potato dish. I also splurged at Whole Foods and bought some swanky cheese and italian salami for appetizers.

when i started the day off i slept in. when i got up i drank some coffee to get my energy goin and lit a cranberry candle, and then played christmas music while cleaning and peeling potatoes. It was a beautiful day out and as I took a moment to stop and look in my window, i looked at diamond head and realized what a perfect view i have. i mean of course i always new this, but i was seeing everything in a different light. i love this island, it is my haven and i am so thankful i get to see such beauty everyday. I am so blessed.

My first thanksgiving away from home was a wonderful success and was shared with such great people that filled the apartment with good energy. It was not so much a thanksgiving day, but weekend. I got to spend all day friday being a bum, sleeping in, watching tv, eating leftovers. it felt so good to do NOTHING. saturday i spent the day laying in the sun at cromwells with justin and then to see a movie with my ladies and jenn's mom! and this morning we rented huge longboards and just cruised in the water, i was able to catch so many waves once i got my balance back. it was a perfect morning, the crystal clear water the glowing sun brushing my skin and a light breeze to keep me cool. I love this island more than anything and the life i get to live out here. THANKFUL for so much in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment