Monday, September 27, 2010

Oahu No Ka Oi!

I never want to leave this island. I am savoring and soaking up every moment. I am so blessed with many gifts each day. When I wake up, I hear the birds chirping and the sun rising. Gifts.
I roll out of bed all groggy and one of my roomies have made a fresh pot of coffee... not just for them, but for all 3 of us to wake up with a little extra kick in the pants to get going. gift!

I love that I have Jenn and Gaby as my roomies. they are so open for adventures, like camping on forbidden land with signs saying no trespassing all over.
we pitch a tent (which takes about 30 minutes) just to end up sleeping on a firm bed of sand, under a blanket of stars and the lullaby of the ocean. waking up to the sun rising, with its pink and orange pastel glow leaking into my eyelids, forcing me to wake up early and greet the gorgeous day ahead of me.
gift, gift and many many more gifts.

it was like a vacation. the whole day on the north shore seemed like the whole weekend. we woke up to macking 12 foot waves, okay next beach. we ended at Waimea after stopping for some coffee and breakfast at Breakers. gaby fearlessly paddled out to the big sets rolling in as Jenn and I let the sun kiss our skin and watched our lil charger. i brought my board along, but 2 nights of bad sleep n a row= a not so peppy surfer in the morning. im pretty sure i would have died i was so exhausted i would've spaced and gotten taken by one of those giant outside waves. mm GIFT that i stayed on the beach

the whole day was relaxing. played some volleyball, did some cartwheels and handstands, taught some cartwheels.
siesta under the trees,loaded acai bowls and then cranked up the music as we made our way back to the busy side of town.
came home, unloaded alll our stuff. we had so much it looked like we camped for a week! then went and got a swanky new phone. stopped by justins, went to whole foods for a big, big dinner. i had twin food babies after that delicious meal. and then came home to watch Desperate Housewives. we still have no cable.. but for all of u who dont etiher, ch131.com is the best for wacthing shows the day its out!

what a glorious, beautiful day. a weekend full of gifts. everyday there are gifts to look for. be thankful. i am so grateful to live on this beautiful island with such wonderful people in my life. blessed i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment