Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We all are a little bit alike

reading others blogs.. some who you would never think you have ANYTHING in common with... i found that i actualy resonate with a lot of the feelings. 20s are damn hard.... but we must all remain optimistic. and were human... were gonna have bad days.

parts of my life painting are crazy and random.
a huge part of the painting is this illness that i so often try so hard to ignore, and some days it just creeps in on me making me feel so isolated and sorry for myself. i get frustrated that i cant go in and work all hours in hte studio becuse making food is a hard enough task for me. and then i feel like i slacker... its a contagious downward thought process that is all to easy to get into. its easy for me to pretend and hide in my room, but thats not good is it? i am strong, i havnt given up and ive finally given in and am really really trying to heal fully... no bullshit. no drinking, no staying out till 2 am anymore, eating a ridiculously strict diet. some days i just want to give up for a day and allow myself to wallow and isolate. but those are not good healing conditions. i need a support system and i am slowly allowing myself to stop trying to do this on my own... well besides with my family. i guess ive just always been to scared that they wont be there, or will get burnt out. but how do i know if i dont give them a chance? and if they dont, then o well.


i know im not alone, and the feelings that creep in once in a while are not me going crazy, its me being human and looking at the problem instead of playing pretend that i am perfectly healthy.


http://infectiousoptimism.blogspot.com/


"i do believe that a patient needs a small village of talented practitioners to get well, but I also believe that at the end of the day, if the patient doesn't have their own village of supportive, accepting, educated family and friends to come home to, the puzzle is incomplete. You just can't do this alone.

Unfortunately though, debilitating chronic illness is a recipe for isolation. Every so often you come across a gem or two that will be by your side, learning with you, helping you, and supporting you through your entire journey. A lot of the time though, when you're chronically sick, you're "out of sight, out of mind" because the nature of normal everyday life tends to swallow up those around you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment